As we come to the end of what has been called “a year of unprecedented times,” I’m sure that all of us are thankful for the Lord’s continued mercies on us. When we entered the year 2020, so many people described it as being “the year of perfect vision,” but eleven months later it is evident that many developed vision problems! It seems that we cannot see things afar off or even up close; everything has been blurred. But while the world frets with fear and confusion, we as God’s people have experienced his unfailing love and faithfulness.
As we prepare to enter 2021, you may find yourself facing a trial or anxious about what the year ahead may hold. It’s easy even for believers to become overwhelmed in the midst of uncertainties and struggles and challenging to remember that God is in control.
No matter what you are going through, God can be trusted and He loves you more than you can possibly imagine. Here are five scriptural promises to help quiet and refocus your heart on God’s peace:
1. HE IS VICTORIOUS – “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).
2. HE STEADIES YOU – “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:7).
3. HE IS TRUSTWORTHY – “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27).
4. HE EMPOWERS YOU – “Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost” (Romans 15:13).
5. HE IS HOLDING YOU – “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness” (Isaiah 41:10).
Pause just a moment and let the truth of these promises wash over you! I pray that you will experience God’s peace in 2021 and the confidence that you are never out of His sight.