“[B]ut having hope, when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you according to our rule abundantly, To preach the gospel in the regions beyond you…” (II Corinthians 10:15-16).
Faith Promise for missions becomes my expression of obedience to Christ’s command, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15). He uses my faithfulness based on His promises to build His church worldwide. But how does the Faith Promise Plan work?
First of all, let’s see what the Faith Promise Plan is not!
- It is not a pledge (Ecclesiastes 5:4-5).
- It is not something that someone will come to collect (II Corinthians 8:12).
- It is not something that you sit down to figure out how much you can afford to give (Ecclesiastes 11:5).
- It is not to be taken out of or away from the tithe and offerings you already give to the church (Malachi 3:8-10).
Second, let’s see what it is!
- It is a voluntary offering between you and God (II Corinthians 8:12).
- It is waiting upon God to lay upon your heart the amount He wants you to give for world missions by faith (II Corinthians 5:7).
- It is trusting God to supply it (II Corinthians 9:7-11).
- It is partnering with the missionary who must also trust the Lord to supply it (Romans 1:17).
Third, how does one make a Faith Promise commitment?
- Pray for what the Lord would have you do and know that what He commands He also enables.
- Commit yourself to make a Faith Promise, realizing that your faith will grow as you stay committed to that promise.
- Look for the different ways God will use you to give your Faith Promise.
- Be faithful to give as God enables you.
Faith Promise is: My faith reaching to God, that His salvation might reach the lost around this world.