If the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ is to be given to the world, the Christian church, which is the base of the missionary enterprise, must go about its divine mission in a systematic and orderly manner. The Faith Promise Plan for Missionary Giving has worked wonders virtually everywhere it has been adopted because it is founded upon solid biblical principles. It allows us to…
1. Express our love for the Lord “to prove the sincerity of your love” (II Corinthians 8:8).
2. Evaluate our priorities: “[B]ut first gave their own selves to the Lord…” (II Corinthians 8:5).
3. Examine our motives: “Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give…” (II Corinthians 9:7).
4. Expand God’s harvest fields: “[W]hen your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you …To preach the gospel in the regions beyond you…”
(II Corinthians 10:15-16).
5. Encourage others to give: “[A]nd your zeal hath provoked very many” (II Corinthians 9:2).
6. Experience God’s provisions: “Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness, Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness…” (II Corinthians 9:10-11).
7. Exalt the Lord: “Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift” (II Corinthians 9:15).
Christ’s command that His followers make disciples throughout the world (Matthew 28:18-20) establishes our supreme priority. Only one reasonable option is open to the Christian—obedience!
Are you doing your part in fulfilling God’s plan to reach the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ?